Office: 801 CEPSR
In May 2018, I graduated with the Sc.B in Electrical Engineering from Brown University. In September 2018, I began the M.S. portion of the M.S./Ph.D program in Electrical Engineering at Columbia University. I work with Professor Gil Zussman at the Wireless and Mobile Networking Lab.
My research interests include the design of algorithms at the PHY and MAC level, full duplex networking, mmWave devices, and how these separate concepts will together form the basis of 5G and next-generation networks. For more details, please see my CV.
- Ph.D in Electrical Engineering, September 2018 – Present
- Advisor: Prof. Gil Zussman
- Sc.B in Electrical Engineering, September 2014 – May 2018
- GPA 3.93/4.0, Magna cum Laude
Awards & Honors
- Elected to the Brown University chapter of the Sigma Xi Scientific Research Honour Society (04/2018)
- NSF Graduate Research Fellowship (04/2019)
- National Physical Sciences Consortium Fellowship (04/2019)
- J. Du, D. Chizhik, R. Valenzuela, R. Feick, G. Castro, M. Rodriguez, T. Chen, M. Kohli, and G. Zussman, “Directional Measurements in Urban Street Canyons from Macro Rooftop Sites at 28 GHz for 90% Outdoor Coverage,” submitted, 2019.
- T. Chen, M. Kohli, T. Dai, A. D. Estigarribia, D. Chizhik, J. Du, R. Feick, R. Valenzuela, and G. Zussman, “28 GHz Channel Measurements in the COSMOS Testbed Deployment Area,” in Proc. ACM MobiCom’19 Workshop on Millimeter-Wave Networks and Sensing Systems (mmNets) (to appear), 2019.
- T. Chen, J, Welles, M. Kohli, M. Baraani Dastjerdi, J. Kolodziejski, M. Sherman, I. Seskar, H. Krishnaswamy, and G. Zussman, “Experimentation with Full-Duplex Wireless in the COSMOS Testbed,” in Proc. IEEE ICNP’19 Workshop on Midscale Education and Research Infrastructure and Tools (MERIT) (to appear), 2019.
- J. Du, D. Chizhik, R. Valenzuela, R. Feick, G. Castro, M. Rodriguez, T. Chen, M. Kohli, and G. Zussman, “Directional Measurements in Urban Street Canyons from Macro Rooftop Sites at 28 GHz for 90% Outdoor Coverage,” arXiv preprint: 1908.00512v2 [eess.SP], Aug. 2019.
Industry and Project Experience
- Research Intern, Nokia Bell Labs
June 2019 – August 2019
- Worked with the Access Lab on 28GHz wireless. Mentored by Jinfeng Du and Dmitry Chizhik.
- Applications Engineer Intern, ON Semiconductor
June 2017 – May 2018
- I designed demonstration/evaluation circuit boards for future product releases. The boards were designed to allow customers to evaluate the product with simple lab equipment. To do this, each of the two boards I developed incorporated an Arduino and LCD screen which provides diagnostic information to the user that can be referenced with simple to read on-board silkscreen data tables. I was responsible for the board design, Arduino software, debugging, and technical documentation.
- Avionics Hardware Lead, Brown Space Engineering
May 2017 – May 2018
- I led the final year of hardware development of Brown Space Engineering’s EQUiSat CubeSat project. This included finalizing the design of the battery charging system, and integration of all electronics into the final satellite assembly. EQUiSat was launched into orbit from the ISS on July 13th. In between satellite delivery and launch, I designed and built the ground station which is currently being used to listen to the satellite’s transmissions. EQUiSat’s hardware design is open source and may be found here.